- The NSS software is provided as two installation packages:
- The ‘NSS’ package – containing installation files for Scanning Server and Quota Server installations.
- The ‘Console’ package – containing installation files for Console Server installation.
- Normally these packages are provided for download as a single zip file.
- Complete the Software Download Request form to request a password protected download link.
- After download, confirm that the package has not been blocked by Windows Defender SmartScreen
- Right-click and check properties on the downloaded zip archive.
- Click ‘Unblock’ if this button is shown and enabled.
- Northern recommends placing the downloaded package in a ‘Northern’ folder in a drive root on each server where the software is to be installed – so it can be quickly found by all staff participating in the installation work.
- All packages must be installed with an account that has administrative privileges on the server where the installation is being carried out.